Volunteer with Purpose
For volunteer inquires please contact Gillian Cornell, Immediate Relief Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday thru Thursday – morning, afternoon, and full day opportunities available
Download the volunteer application form Here.
- Shop one on one with clients and help clients think of different ways to cook with their groceries
- Ensure clients are shopping within their bucks requirements
- Product intake
- Shelving and organizing food
- Shop one on one with clients and ensure they are meeting their points requirements
- Accept, process, and organize clothing donations.
- If you have a hairstyling license, volunteers are needed to cut and style client’s hair.
- Prepare healthy snacks
- Serve clients food and fresh coffee or tea
- Socialize with clients in the cafe and contribute to a positive community atmosphere
- Wash dishes
- Maintain the kitchen’s cleanliness throughout the day
- Answer phones in a friendly fashion.
- Manage and book Food Market and HOPE Stylin’ appointments
- Connect clients with the resources they need
- Answer questions regarding HOPE House and other programming
- Utilize a computer data management system
- Assist in the activities surrounding this monthly program
- Provide ongoing support in turning recovered food into nourishing prepared meals
- Prepare and freeze fresh produce and pre-packed meals.
- Cook, serve and clean up hearty breakfast for 100-120 people
- Individuals and groups welcome
- Wednesday mornings 8:15am – 11:30am
Circles® Meal Train
- Prepare meals for Thursday night Circles group (approximately 40 people)
- Sign up a group of friends, family, or co-workers to prepare one or more meals
- For more information and to sign up visit https://mealtrain.com/n2wk2o
Circles® Guelph Wellington Allies
- Provide emotional and practical support
- Assist with complex issues
- Build the “social capital” of people living in low income situations
- Show the community the very real barriers holding people in poverty
- Walk with people in poverty and support positive changes in their lives
For more information contact Mary at email@example.com
HOPE House Events – volunteers are always needed to make the many projects and fundraising events happen. Click here to see the upcoming events we need you to be a part of.
Facility Maintenance, Organization and Upkeep – a dedicated team to help us keep HOPE House looking great and feel inviting. This team includes tasks such as painting, touch ups, set up and tear down for events and ongoing needs as they arise.