Volunteer with Purpose
Download the volunteer application form Here.
- Shop one on one with clients and help clients think of different ways to cook with their groceries.
- Ensure clients are shopping within their point requirements and making positive choices.
- Product intake
- Shelving and organizing food
- Shop one on one with clients and ensure they are meeting their points requirements.
- Accept, process, and organize clothing donations.
- Help clients make positive clothing choices.
- If you have a hairstyling license, volunteers are needed to cut and style client’s hair.
- Cook food to prepare for the lunch hour and/or Wednesday morning breakfast.
- Serve clients meals and fresh coffee or tea.
- Socialized with clients in the cafe and contribute to a positive community atmosphere.
- Wash dishes
- Maintain the kitchen’s cleanliness throughout the day.
- Answer phones in a friendly fashion.
- Manage and book Food Market and HOPE Stylin’ appointments
- Connect clients with the resources they need.
- Answer questions regarding HOPE House and other programming.
- Utilize a computer data management system.
- Volunteers required to assist in the activities surrounding this monthly program.
- Provide ongoing support in turning recovered food into nourishing prepared meals.
- Preparing and freezing of fresh produce and pre-packed meals.
HOPE House Events – volunteers are always needed to make the many project and fundraising events happen. Click here to see the upcoming events we need you to be a part of.
Facility Maintenance, Organization and Upkeep – a dedicated team to help us keep HOPE House looking great and feel inviting. This team includes tasks such as painting, touch ups, set up and tear down for events and ongoing needs as they arise.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Gillian Cornell, Immediate Relief Manager at email@example.com